Saturday, September 21, 2019

Tohai 34

Hi.

Here's a Tohai chapter... if anybody even cares.

I'll be back soon.
Some thoughts below.

Chapter Link



"The thrill of being on the edge of absolute ruin is an addiction like no other"


This chapter was a nightmare to translate.

The text.. never stopped. I feel like I've written a book.

A Dostojevskij book. My hands and head hurt.

Anyway, regarding the plot.

In this chapter Hatakeyama absolutely destroys Dojima.

We learn what happened to him.

It seems the match with K left a lasting impact on him, as now he is just seeking "Ruin" and "Thrill", while in the match with K he clearly said "As if I could bet my toes for a stupid game", "My discards were all crafted by perfect logic".

Well, now he is a Mahjong-Zombie, high on drugs. His body is decaying, and I don't think he will live much longer.

At least his dream of touching Ruin itself might come true.

It's amazing what impact K leaves on people.

Dojima gets mad. He makes a very, very bold declaration.
I guess he needed that edge to get him to play his best Mahjong.

Let's see if it works!

I hope I can continue working on this series.

1 comment: