Friday, September 20, 2019

Lion's Ridge All-Star Special

Hello again!

I wanted to try something new! One chapter each of the three series we are doing.

A Kirinji chapter, a Koizumi chapter and a Tohai chapter.

Just to remind all of our readers that we never dropped any of our series, I just always had financial troubles + a toxic relationship in the last years and didn't even own a machine to scanlate on.

The troubles are still here, but I am trying my best to use this opportunity to scanlate as much as I can. I want people to stop going around saying that we dropped any of these amazing series, like I've read around the internet. Those comments irritated me quite a bit.

*Shakes Head* Tsk, tsk, tsk, as if we would ever drop one of our beloved series.

Anyway, sorry for the personal CRAP, feel free to ignore it.


More importantly, enjoy the chapters, I hope this will lighten up your weekend.

My thoughts on the chapters are below!

Thanks to xGeo for keeping up the pace with me and to ToastmanJack again for his Koizumi cleans.


Tetsunaki no Kirinji Kabukichou Seiatsu Hen 76
Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku 105
Tohai 33





 My three babies :' )


Alright.

Kirinji

I loved this chapter so much. At first, I didn't like Amakasu at all. He seemed annoying.
But there is something really charming about him. His cackling, smile and positive attitude.
The part where he grabs Gouno by the hand had me spill my coffee through my nose from laughter.

The other panel which made me burst laughing out loud was the "Does this look like a gambler to you?", with Amakasu's dirty shirt and stupid face.

Besides the slice-of-life funny parts, we are also introduced to a scary looking fat dude. He apparently just came out of prison. I don't like him at all, he is ominous. And it seems he has a history with Majin as well.

Now that all the players of the tournament are properly introduced, the Homer arc can begin properly.

I have a feeling this might be Rinji's most important challenge yet. We will see.

Koizumi

Oh my. Mao Zedong vs. the Dalai Lama.
What more can I say?

I knew about the whole China-Tibet conflict and dispute, but doing this chapters made me research it even more, and realize just what kind of duel this actually is.

We see Mao's obsession with agriculture and plants, which reminds a little bit of Pol Pot.

Mao has started making strange plays, and Rakudou sees a sprout near his tiles.

Aoi warns us about something sinister. I don't feel good about this.

Tohai

Since Tohai is my solo-project, you guys will have to suffer some syntax/grammatical errors from my side, as I am not a native English speaker.

However, I think it's a fair trade-off for the speed, since there are SOOOOOOO many chapters to catch up. I hope you will forgive me.

The grand match has started. Kei and Dojima are a dream-team in my opinion, I can't wait to see them play together.

On the other side it's Seki and... Hatakeyama?

What happened to Hatakeyama? Furthermore, he is a junkie?

What's going on?

I guess we will find out soon.



Thanks for reading, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment