Saturday, September 28, 2019

Tetsunaki no Kirinji Kabukichou Seiatsu Hen 80

Hi everyone!

The long-awaited next chapter of Kirinji is ready for you!

This chapter was... surprising. Anyway, I enjoyed working on it a lot and I hope you will enjoy it too!

We aren't that far from catching up with Japan now, which only motivates me more to work on this amazing series.

I could technically do daily Kirinji releases, like a few years ago, but I am very careful with this series and its quality and I don't want to rush it. This manga means a lot personally to me.


Personal stuff unrelated to scanlation (SKIP if you don't care):
In other news, I was fired from my job, as expected. So I am looking for a new job. 
I have nothing to lose so I might as well ask for a job on our scanlation blog, haha. 
Let me know if you have any ideas! Also please consider supporting us while I am looking for a new job. Anything helps even one euro or dollar, thanks! All donations are credited!


My thoughts on the chapter are written below!





Where did the monkey find black nail polish? 


Man...

This was a weird chapter. I didn't see any of this coming.

While it is amazing, how all the characters are actually connected and the foreshadowing of the whole series is paying off, I was very surprised at the whole Instrumentality theme being brought in.

So Dr. Kannonji, a.k.a. "Fingers of God" turns out to be a father neglecting his daughter (Where have we seen this before?), but also a scientific maniac who wants to see the next evolution of humanity.

Apparently, 2nd Majin's gift of video-recorder-memory would be part of the next form of humans, but I am doubtful.

As we have seen, even though it can be useful for games, it can be devastating if a traumatic event, like losing your daughter in a fire, happens.

Majin also being a 10-dan before Kiriya or anybody else was super surprising.

Kiriya said in an earlier chapter that he has seen the top of a world not even Majin knows... But he obviously knows that world.

Learning that Majin had no name and was picked up by a mad scientist Kannonji peaks my curiosity as to how far and deep Majin's backstory goes.

I am sure we will learn about it at some point, but I am also a bit afraid. As he is the main antagonist and so many hints and dark secrets have been floating throughout the series...

His background has to be brutal.

Besides that, Capone thinks Kiriya and Tsukiko are together. He is not the first one to assume that, as the Lyndon Lyndon gang also assumed it.

Do these people really think a hot intelligent strong woman would ever consider Kiriya as partner-material?

Hm...

Anyway, we will see in the next chapter how the Pennant Race is going, hopefully.

Until then, dear readers!

1 comment:

  1. i enjoy reading Kirinji with every new release and am very grateful for your efforts :D
    wishing you the best of luck and joyful blessings!!

    ReplyDelete