Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Tohai 30

Hey there again!

Ah, Tohai.
Tohai, Tohai, Tohai...

I have a love-hate relationship with this manga. My love for the story is on a near level as for Kirinji, but on the other hand, it's one of the worst Manga to scanlate due to the very hard cleaning and redraws.

Doesn't matter. As long as I have time to breathe I will work solo on it.
I want the story of Tohai completely translated to English, I sincerely hope I will be able to do it.

Hope you enjoy!
Some thoughts below again!

Chapter Link



A gun and mahjong tiles, what do you want more?

It has been so long since I have worked on this manga.

I truly enjoyed working on this chapter. (Except the cleaning and redrawing -_-)

What I mostly love about this story is that we see the descent into darkness of our protagonist step by step.

In contrast with Akagi, in Tohai our protagonist is actually falling deeper and deeper into darkness for someone else's sake, Amina.

What I also love about this manga is that Kei is vulnerable. He isn't invincible, he has lost before. He has lost a toe.

In this chapter we see a significant change, just look at the last page. 

Kei is becoming a ruthless murdering machine.

I love this.

I hope real life won't be F-ing me anytime soon again so I can keep translating this amazing story.

Thanks for reading, until next time!

1 comment: