Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Tetsunaki no Kirinji Kabukichou Seiatsu Hen 33

Hi,

Here's a new Kirinji! For a change, I wrote some brief thoughts about this chapter and Kabukichou Seiatsu Hen below. Hope you enjoy!!

Chapter Link

"We have to go out! :D"

So I still owe my Vol. 1&2&3 analyses of Kabukichou Seiatsu Hen, but that's just because I'm scanlating 24/7.

So here are some brief thoughts:
-Obviously in this arc the mahjong has a larger part than in the original series, but I don't find that bad. Since I know mahjong it's actually really interesting, the mahjong is realistic and logical unlike in most of other mahjong mangas. Each match has a different enviroment/rules, so it's never repetitive, though I can see how to someone who doesn't know the game it could seem drawn out. Too bad.  I still suggest learning mahjong if you haven't so far, I promise the story will get at least 2x more enjoyable.
-I really enjoy the animal theme that's going on. It was there even back in the first season, but now it's expanded on, just like Majin was foreshadowed in the first season, so everything feels planned out and part of a larger story.
-I like all of the new characters, they're all multidimensional, relatable and understandable. I find the last chapter in particular a treat since we got to see a lot of the old characters again.

This chapter was really enjoyable for me, I liked how my suspicions of Inasaku's background got confirmed, there were hints all over the place. I enjoyed Rinji kicking some ass after that beating he took in the last volume, the tiger/swamp/forest metaphors are just great, but the match has just started, so let's see where it goes.

Thanks for reading, see you at the next chapter!

1 comment:

  1. What I like for kirinji is that you can't be the strongest, but you always be stronger than before.
    I also like Arino's decision to quit his job as doctor and try something new in America. Life starts when you leave your comfort zone.
    Seems like hirubayashi will leave mahjong world since omu will give birth, jst like majin 2nd generation (tsukiko's husband I guess).
    Cant wait to see the allstars match : Majin vs Kiriya vs Gouno vs Tetsuo. The battlle to be the strongest.

    ReplyDelete