Sunday, February 4, 2024

Kirinji Gate Finale

Hello,



So the day has come. If someone told me more than 8 years ago when we released this:


That I would live to the day where Kirinji would end, AND be the one to finish it as well, I would have laughed at the ridiculousness of such a claim.

But here I am. And that's why I love Kirinji so much and why it is and always will be part of me.

I couldn't have imagined the future ahead of me, it was a very dark and hopeless spot I was in, but the beauty in both life, and mahjong, is that you cannot know what is going to come and you cannot predict the future. So no matter how hopeless and dark the future looks, you don't know. You can't know. I am living proof of that.

The same way Rinji proved that just by struggling, new paths will open, somehow they will, I struggled my way too, to a brighter future. That is why I feel so emotional writing all of this.

Instead of writing a wall of text about how I feel, I'll continue the Tetsunaki no Kirinji commentary I started on youtube. No one reads walls of text nowadays anymore, the attention span just isn't there. So I will give all of my thoughts on the whole series in the coming videos.


Regarding the future of Lion's Ridge, I will continue translating. Which series, how frequent, I don't know yet. You'll know as soon as I think it all through.

One thing I have to say and get off my chest is: Thank you to every single one of you who read my translations, it not only meant the world to me when I was a lonely shut-in in a 3rd world country, but some of you also financially supported me in times I really couldn't even pay my bills. No exaggeration, I was in that desperate of a situation. I owe my life to you guys. I love you all forever.

From my lowest point back then to now, I struggled by working as a waiter, working on a cruise ship, working in call centers, cleaning raccoon shit from people's attics for a few bucks, giving math lessons to kids for 5 dollars a day, sold anything of value I had to pay the next bills, stealing food from company parties, shoplifting a few times until I got caught, rummaged through trash a few times to find food, picked up half smoked cigarettes from the ground to salvage the tobacco at home... But hey... It was all worth it.


Because I am a happily married man today with a relatively stable life.


Thank you all, again, and forever, also to manga in general and the author of Kirinji: Uhyosuke. Please support his official releases as well.


Whoa, didn't want to write this much. That's enough! I- I'm not crying, s- something fell into my eye.


Hope you enjoy... Thank you and see you soon :).







It's not as bad as I feared, it is bittersweet.



12 comments:

  1. From the bottom of the heart of a simple unknow man, thank you for all of this man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, those words mean more to me than any money in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following the whole journey, it really means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for translating the whole series. It’s been a long ride but I always looked forward to each new chapter. Before this series I never really cared about Mahjong much but now I’ve been playing a lot recently and having a lot of fun. Wishing you the best, and I’ll be sure to check out your next series as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear that, I also became a jonger because of this manga, thank you for the kind words!

      Delete
  5. Hey it's my birthday today and to see that you just finished translating this beautiful manga was really a great gift. I really enjoyed the ride... checking if this blog got updated almost every day for nearly two years and getting the excitment when i saw you translated another chapter and reading your thoughts and what you had to say... Just awsome times. From the bottom of my heart thank you for the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it feels great knowing people actually read the posts over the years.

      Delete
  6. This has been an incredible journey over a lot of years. Thank you for all the work you've done in this series and the other manga. You've brought a lot of happiness to us <3

    ReplyDelete