Sunday, January 21, 2024

Kirinji Gate 56

Good morning/afternoon/evening/middle of the night!



It feels so unreal to me that this is the second to last Kirinji update post I might ever write. For a series which had such an impact on my life, which I am so intimate with, to just end like this...

Without another Kirinji chapter waiting for me to translate and release... I don't know how I will feel. This series has been with me for more than 8 years at this point, followed me from my lowest point in life to a point in my life where I finally feel safe and secure.

Reading this chapter I am very, very confident that the author planned a very in-depth and revealing past for Majin, where we would see that he, just like Kiriya, was a poor father who decided to try making money through mahjong for his wife and daughter.

We'll never know. I can already feel some kind of phantom pain. But I am trying to think positively about it. Translating this series over 8 years and releasing every single chapter on this blog, I at least have some kind of public pseudo-diary where I can always go back to some old blog post and kinda figure out what was happening in my life at that point when I released that particular chapter.


I am also trying to find to find solace in the fact that this ending is the ending which was imagined by the author many years ago and has been hinted at from the very first series... Even if criminally shortened.


With that, I hope you enjoy. See you soon.






Whoever said in IRC 8 years ago that there's a supernatural element to the series... You were right. Good job.


1 comment: