Monday, October 19, 2020

Tetsunaki no Kirinji Kabukichou Seiatsu Hen 92

Hiiiii,

Now this is embarrassing. It has been so long since our last release and it's all my fault.

Since this isn't my private blog, I will just say: moving to different country, disease and getting overworked on new job.

Now I finally have again some time for my favorite hobby of scanlation!

Let's finish that damn Kirinji and Koizumi this year already! I am pumped!

Now I bring you a new Kirinji.

Hope you enjoy and thanks for sticking with us!

Big big thanks to xGeo for editing, I made some critical translation mistakes in this chapter, I obviously fell out of my translation game.

My thoughts on the chapter below!


Chapter Link



Smoking is bad for you, but so are sweets!


Just a few notes about this chapter, since it's been so long and you might have missed it.
In the flashback we see the young Dokurou and he has been already established as Old Majin's friend from the chapter where they play Young Majin in America.

Dokurou even said there "The only one who can beat Majin is possibly me!" which means he wasn't kidding and they were really rivals.

The apartment Kiriya is staying now was foreshadowed to be the place where Tomoko died in the chapter where Tsukiko brings him mince meat cutlets from her mom's food stand.

Dokurou being in prison was always foreshadowed, but now we know it was because he murdered the murderer of Tomoko, probably as revenge.

The guy being shown murdered was the guy Majin beat who was scouted by Capone and sent to the underworld against Majin and lost, and burned down his house as a revenge. Which means Kiriya now lives in Majin's old place.

The parlor "Evil Baby" was foreshadowed from the veeery begininng of this arc, when Kandata was listing the five tenpin parlors to Kiriya, before Kiriya even started playing at Kabuking.

This chapter gives Yoshitsune a dual meaning nickname, that he is an evil baby sucking the sustenance out of his enemies, and the parlor is called "Evil Baby" as well. Don't know yet if it was named after him, but I doubt it since it was said it's the oldest parlor of Kabukichou.

And no, the cold they have in Evil Baby is not Corona :D. This was written before that.

First chapter to show a smartphone, and Tomoko's Teddy has a scar across his eye just like Dokurou.

The mannerisms of Yoshitsune are quite similar to the mannerisms and way of speaking of Majin. Even their hairstyles are similar. Not sure if it means something.

We will see.

Until then my dear friends!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! what a long time no see! thank you for translation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I am so looking forward for Tohai, it

    ReplyDelete