Sunday, December 4, 2016

Lion's Ridge Almost Winter Update

Hey,

This is a first for us, two different series in one post!

I wanted to write a really long update post summarizing what we've been up to lately and what our plans are for the future. But I find myself incredibly tired again. So I'll make it short this time and save the real update post for winter.

We will do Kirinji weekly since a marathon is not feasible for me anymore now that I have a job and it also doesn't make much sense to rush the whole volume and then wait around 3 months for a new volume to come out. We will try to spread the chapters so that we won't have to wait long for the next volume.

As of Tohai, with this chapter that we release today, I really start getting into the story of this series. I really want to translate the first twelve volumes covered by the J-drama as fast as possible so we can start working on the second part of the series. The bottleneck for Tohai is simply cleaning. The pages are incredibly hard to clean and WhITelion has a hard time with them. If there's any cleaners interested in Tohai who would like to help out, please let us know!

Regarding Ant King, I know I haven't made a release in quite a while but I don't plan on dropping the series even though it's the black sheep of our group. It's also a nice change for me to work on something that isn't mahjong related. There isn't a lot of volumes out in Japan anyway, so there's no rush. I'll probably do one chapter soonish.

Koizumi is xGeo's department, and I think the pace is decent enough, so nothing to add there.

Anyway, enjoy the two chapters for now, see you next week!

Kirinji S2 42
Tohai 18


 So weird having these two next to each other!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, would you mind posting a sample page of the raws you're working with for Tohai?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://imgur.com/a/2xbG5

      Here are some more extreme and annoying examples, they aren't common, but when we hit these, progress on Tohai just comes to a full halt.

      Delete
  2. "Post about future plans", are you going to search new partner for lionridge blog to do translate+cleaning since you will be busy at future?

    ReplyDelete