Friday, December 8, 2023

Kirinji Gate 41

Hey friends!



Another day, and another chance for happiness!


So far so good, two chapters in two days. At this point I would like to share a little story I wrote myself.



The Middle-aged Man and the Sea

Sandaigo, as a child, learned how to fish from his old father. He was able to feed himself independently for a while. His father was much older than him, having Sandaigo quite late in his live. Accordingly, the father's methods were much older and less efficient than the current standards of the industry, but Sandaigo was a modest man, "As long as I can catch fish to survive, I will at least not starve! I'm happy with just that!". 

As Sandaigo was getting older he realized that surviving is not all there is to life. But he couldn't catch enough fish with his father's method. Sandaigo decided to catch enough fish to not only survive, but strive! With new-found inspiration and motivation, Sandaigo heads to the city, to learn new, more efficient methods.

As Sandaigo went to the city, he realized that technology and society have gotten quite advanced in the last years, during which he only focused on surviving with his old father's methods. It felt as if he missed out. As he saw a younger man getting out of an expensive car, flashing off his wealth, Sandaigo mustered the courage to go and just ask him straight out "I want to be as successful as you, please teach me your ways!".

The younger man looked at Sandaigo... A curious display for the young man, almost as if he was looking at a living artifact. "Yooo, aight, no problem dude, which crypto u trading brah?". Sandaigo didn't understand. It was as if the young man was speaking a foreign language.

"Sir! I see you are a scholar, speaking fancy words and foreign tongues! I am but a humble fisherman! Please search your kind heart to give me enough fish so that I don't have to go fishing for a few days and I can earnestly study your methods!"

The young man looked at Sandaigo in disgust. "Fish? Ayyy, this dude likes killing innocent animals, stand still brah gotta take ur photo and share on social media so people kno who U R!".

Sandaigo didn't understand the young man's words, but he understood that he is not welcome on this planet anymore. Sandaigo didn't fish anymore. In fact, Sandaigo didn't live anymore, he hanged himself that night in his lonely cabin, and the whole world celebrated.

The end.



Alriiiiight, that's it, hope you enjoy the chapter! Thanks to the patreons, I tested the donation button, it should still work, maybe not, who knows, see you soon with more chapters :'-).


And special thanks to Caitao Kweh for off-duty proof-reading.






HANGURI DE ANGURI DEMO DONBURI KUTTE DANSHINGU!

No comments:

Post a Comment