Monday, July 30, 2018

Tetsunaki no Kirinji Kabukichou Seiatsu Hen 61

Hi again!


Off into a new volume! Thanks to das for getting us the raws.

Hope you enjoy!


Chapter Link


Who is this even...

Wow. I can't remember the last time I commented a chapter.

Let's see. A lot happened since I last wrote my opinions on the series. I think I stopped around the Kabuking arc.

Basically, I enjoyed the Kabuking arc. The Lyndon Lyndon arc was cool, but waaay too drawn out. Even the author admitted it on twitter and promised to make the next parlors a lot shorter. So that's good. (He said the reason it was drawn out was because he enjoyed drawing Phil too much :))

So now I am really motivated to catch up with Japan again. 

Regarding this chapter and the whole Raimontei arc, I think it's really cool. The idea never occurred to me of having someone put points on the table just for calling. It definitely makes this more interesting than the "Drawing ahead" ruleset of Lyndon Lyndon. Additionally we have 2 gold, 3 red and the dotted white, all in one game!

What also kinda surprised me was that Arino would play against Kiriya in this match. It doesn't make sense. So if Kiriya loses all his money here, goes back broke to Koume, gives up on gambling... And... What do they eat... How can he be a normal father when he has to take care of his daughter alone and make money somehow... Just... Arino.


Well, let's see how it continues...

2 comments: