Thursday, August 10, 2023

Kirinji Gate 37

Heeey everyone!




Long time no see! Still alive, still kicking, honeymoon is over, back to reality.

Is it Kirinji time? Hell yeah it's Kirinji time. All the RAWs are available in digital format now, so let's come back to this beauty of a manga. 

This chapter has a big undertone of Parent-Child relationships (Like the whole series, but here more pronounced). The thing is, in Japanese you call the dealer Oya 親, and almost every line spoken in this chapter, for example something like "I can't give up on my dealer turn..." can be read as "I can't give up as a parent...".

I did put in some T/Ns there where it had the biggest impact, but otherwise it's something that is lost in translation unfortunately. But I will keep trying my best to translate the manga to make is as authentic to read in English as in Japanese.

So.. we started with Vol. 6 now, let's go, let's go, let's GO!


Hope you enjoy the chapter... see you soon ;).







I prefer the long black hair version of Majin tbh :/

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back and thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you back! Love Kirinji Gate, and really happy to have a new chapter. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete