Sunday, July 2, 2017

Lion's Ridge Summer Special

Yooooo,

Are you dreaming? No. It's actually happening. A  quadruple release.
Enjoy one chapter each from all four of our series we're working on now.

Is there a special occasion for this? Not really, I just wanted to send the message out that we are alive and we haven't lost interest in scanlation at all. We are (mostly me) just busy.

On top of that, it's Koizumi 100, Ant King Volume 1 finished, and really good Kirinji and Tohai chapters, so it felt right.


Can we release faster? YES! How? YOU can help! If you're interested in faster releases, check out the "Real Talk" section below.

The rest, enjoy, and thanks for reading!

As always, thanks to my team: WhITelion, xGeo and Red.


Tetsunaki no Kirinji Kabukichou Seiatsu Hen 53
Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku 100
Tohai 26
King of the Ants 3.3
King of the Ants Volume 1 Link




Our four babies (⋟﹏⋞)




Real Talk.

I haven't written about me or our group in a loooong time. So here's a big update, what we're up to, and the biggest reason for slow releases.

This group will definitely finish: Kirinji, Koizumi, Tohai.
Ant King has a slight chance of getting dropped if it starts getting too graphic (I've read 3 volumes in total now, there's a trend)

New series aren't being considered right now, ideally we would have 2 active series, that would fit this group being our hobby.

It's true that we've all been busy, but the biggest reason for slow releases is me. WhITelion is looking for a college, xGeo is busy with his studies + mahjong + traveling to Japan (hope you have fun), Red is on time though (cheers).

However, this group's speed depends about 70% on me, my translations and typesetting.

Why don't I have time? I actually do. The first 6 months living here were really me just adapting to a new job and new life. So what about the last 3 months? I don't have any good excuse.

I had time to do scanlation, but my mind was somewhere else. You see, once I moved here I borrowed a lot of money to get through the first months. Add to that sending money to my father back home each month, aaand, now I still have some debt. It is a low paying job after all.

I am not asking for money. I promised that I would never ask for money again after "Final Rinshan Survival Foundation", and I will keep that one. It hurts me to mention financially related topics again, but I just want to be honest and tell you guys the real reason we're slow.

We haven't gotten a single donation since September last year. Which is fine, I know we don't have a large number of followers, I understand most of our followers are students/unemployed themselves, I know we've been already helped more than we deserved, but that is also the truth.

I hope some of you can see how you can be not very motivated to work on your passion projects/hobbies when you're trying to figure out how to make ends meet every month.


So what's the solution?

If we had a good typesetter I trust in, the speed of our group would depend about 30% on me. So if there's any experienced typesetter, or anyone motivated enough to learn quality typesetting, that would be the best solution.

There's also the possibility of having someone commission us for chapters. For example, one volume of Tohai in a month for XX$.

I'm also curious about the option of Patreon. If we were to create a Patreon, put a goal of XX$ a month for 10 chapters in a month for example, would any of you support that?

And the last solution I can come up with, a donation of a few bucks every now and then would mean a lot.

I also want to hear if you guys have any ideas or solutions?


Reminder:

All I just mentioned was about speeding up our releases, regardless, we will keep releasing chapters. As I said, those 3 series will be done by this group, all I wanted to discuss was speed.


Any opinions, feedback, thoughts are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to write whatever you feel after reading this, no matter how negative or positive it is.


9 comments:

  1. Perhaps something like a monthly goal? You know, like they have on some scanlator websites, where there's a status bar on the side and they change the donation goal each month to fit what they need to buy raws and such?

    Anyway, thanks for the chapter of Ants! I'm sorry to hear you're considering dropping it, but I suppose it doesn't really suit the themes of the group, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. King of the Ants is written by the same author as Kirinji. That's why I picked it up. I don't have a problem story wise, and I'm not too sensitive (Tohai has body mutilation as well), but Ant King has some... really... unpleasant scenes later on. You will see.

      Delete
  2. I FUCKING LOVE U!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can do or learn typesetting, give me a try. <3 I never did but i can try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR KOIZUMI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Low key would pay for koizumi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, we can discuss a commission and set a schedule (1 chapter per week for example). Write me on zijad.duran@gmail.com or on our discord.

      Delete
    2. You are a saint if you get them to post new Koizumi every week through commission! Dying for more chapters!

      Delete